Below, you'll find a list of vacancies currently available here at Sussex Cricket. Download the relevant form for the full job description and application details.
General Catering Manager
Are you a motivational and inspiring leader with a passion for great hospitality and truly memorable events? If yes, we may have the perfect opportunity for you!
Sodexo are looking for an experienced General Manager to lead catering and hospitality operations at Sussex Cricket The 1st Central County Ground, Hove, a fantastic venue in the heart of Hove. As General Manager, you’ll maintain a great relationship with your client and lead your team to deliver incredible events throughout the year, whilst keeping on top of finance, compliance and other tasks that come with running a large venue. We are looking for someone who can provide direction and expertise to the team, driving standards and employee engagement to ensure a highly effective operation.
Please send your CV to email@example.com.
Match Day Safety Officer
- To compile, maintain and review the Operational Plan, including contingency plans
- Ensure compliance with the Safety Certificate and the Club’s Event Safety Policy Statement
- To ensure that the Safety Certificate issued by Brighton and Hove City Council is acceptable to the Organisation
- To oversee the whole operation and delegate to Deputy Match- Day and Events Safety Officer
- In conjunction with the Head of People, be responsible for the recruitment, appointment and training of all match-day stewarding staff
- To attend local authority and emergency services meetings and any other appropriate meetings
- To attend meetings called by the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) or Cricket Safety Officers Association (CSOA)
- To represent Sussex Cricket as Safety Officer at 1st X1 outground matches and/ or Sussex Cricket off-site events
An interesting opportunity has arisen for a Maintenance Assistant to work at Sussex Cricket. Reporting into the Head of Operations and Facilities, you will be part of a team of three Maintenance Assistants. Assisting with a wide range of general maintenance around the site and at our outgrounds, the suitable candidate must be a genuine team-player and have a proactive, flexible and can-do attitude. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are a must for this role. The role will start on 1 March 2020. A flexible approach is a pre-requisite as during the busy periods of the cricket season there will be a need to work during some weekends and evenings, depending on the schedule of matches and other key events.
Some of the job responsibilities include;
- Undertake and successfully complete a groundsperson apprenticeship qualification (exact nature of course to be determined according to the individual concerned)
- Lone/unsupervised working where appropriate and where competent
- Wicket preparation: covering, cutting, verticutting, watering, rolling, marking out etc.
- Matchday duties: set up fielding nets/practice facilities, positioning boundary rope, setting out fielding discs, positioning sightscreens, setting up advertising boards, sweeping wicket at interval, repairing foot holes, re-marking wicket
2 x Sport Science Internships 2020
We are looking to for TWO students who have a passion for cricket and who wish to become an integral part of one of the most successful, first class county cricket clubs. The students will preferably have a cricket playing background, as they will be getting involved with all the practical aspects of the team warm-ups and training, as well as working with the Science and Medicine team.
2 x Undergraduate Team Analyst Interns
• To assist in the operation and maintenance of the Club’s video notational, analytical system
• To assist with specific analytical projects, as requested by coaches in the Professional Cricket department, both statistical data-based and video-based
• To assist in the capturing and collating of footage for a video library, from both on ground and TV broadcast, for analytical and new media purposes
• To assist in the operation of new media -based projects
• To assist in the set-up and operation of the video notational, analytical system at some 1st XI, 2nd XI, Boys U17, Women’s 1st XI and Girls U17 home matches
• To use a range of analytical tools in order to find and present both major and subtle trends within the evolving world of Cricket.
• To research and analyse prospective opposition teams and players, providing Professional Cricket staff with relevant information
• To gather and provide statistical and video footage for the player development areas of the business
Recruitment and Selection Privacy Statement
Please download the form below to find out about the Recruitment and Selection Privacy Statement for Sussex Cricket Limited
Recruitment and Selection Privacy Statement