Skip to main content

T20 Tickets Explained

Looking to understand how T20 match tickets will work for all of our Vitality Blast matches? Everything you need to know can be found in the full list of FAQs below:

2021 T20 Ticketing FAQs – Post Government Roadmap and Priority Windows 

In addition to our general ticketing FAQs, we have also compiled the following frequently asked questions relating to this season’s T20 tickets:

When will T20 fixtures be announced? 

Dates of our Vitality Blast group stage fixtures have been released. A full list of home and away matches can be found on our Fixtures and Results page or by clicking here

When will tickets be available? 

Tickets are available from 10am on Monday 1st March. 

Various priority groups, including members and previous ticket purchasers, were provided early access during the month of February. 

How much are tickets? 

Vitality Blast match tickets are: 

• £30 – Adult 

• £15 – Youth (Under 18) 

• £7.50 – Junior (Under 14) 

Where can I find the ticket refund and rollback policy? 

Our ticket refund and rollback policy can be found here

Where can I find the spectator code of conduct?  

Our code of conduct, which is used alongside our ground regulations, can be found here

Where can I find the ticketing terms and conditions? 

Our terms and conditions can be found here

Can I purchase a Blast Pass for this seasons T20 matches? 

Unfortunately not. The club has made the difficult decision not to offer Blast Pass T20 season tickets for purchase or renewal in 2021. 

The ongoing possibility of a reduced capacity for matches this summer means it is not financially viable for Sussex Cricket to offer discounted season tickets, particularly after a full season behind closed doors in 2020. 

I would like to secure tickets for the Vitality Blast but do not wish to pay for my ticket until I know if I can attend the match, is this possible? 

With the ongoing possibility of a reduced capacity for matches this summer, we have taken the decision to allow supporters to request tickets for all Vitality Blast group stage matches taking place at The 1st Central County Ground, Hove in 2021 without making payment.  

How do I secure a ticket for the Vitality Blast  

Supporters will be able to select tickets for each of our T20 fixtures as they would normally. Once added to their basket, they will then checkout with ‘zero-value’ tickets for each of their selected matches. 

Does my ‘zero-value’ ticket request guarantee my attendance at the match? 

Unfortunately not. Once we know our capacity for any given fixture, we will assign tickets against each request in chronological order of their original ‘zero-value’ ticket request.  Successful applicants will then have a limited time to purchase their valid match day ticket(s). We will then seat all paid supporters, in line with our available capacity. Tickets will follow closer to the event. 

How much notice will I be given if I am successful in securing the right to purchase a valid match day ticket? 

You are likely to receive a short amount of notice ahead of the fixture due to the ever-changing world we currently live in. However, realistically we do not know the exact amount of time we will be able to provide supporters. Our capacity for any given match day will be set by various third parties, including the local Safety Advisory Group (SAG), in line with guidance provided by the Sports Ground Safety Authority and UK Government. 

What will happen if I am successful in securing a ticket but fail to pay? 

If you are successful in securing a ticket but fail to pay for it within the available time frame, you will not be permitted to attend the match. Once the available time frame has expired your ticket will be offered to another supporter. The next customer will be selected based on the chronological data of their original ‘zero-value’ ticket request. 

How will I be notified that I have secured a ticket to a match? 

All successful ticket requests will be notified via email. Therefore, all supporters should ensure we have their valid email address. Otherwise, you risk missing out. 

I do not use email; can you notify me in a different way? 

Unfortunately not. Due to the short turnaround time we are likely to operate within, we will be unable to write or call supporters who are not set up to receive electronic communications. We therefore suggest all supporters who do not use emails to speak to any friends or family with an email account to help them secure tickets.  

How do I check and update my email address? 

Updating your contact details is easy. Simply login to your online ticketing account by clicking here, then select ‘My Account’ followed by ‘Update Details’. 

What is the best way for me to request tickets? 

The easiest way to request tickets is online, via the Sussex Cricket website. Visit our online box office by clicking here and login. Tickets can still be requested over the phone on 01273 827100. Please be mindful we are still having to operate with reduced staffing levels and therefore your enquiry may take slightly longer than usual to be dealt with. 

I am not online; can I still request a ticket? 

Yes. Our Membership and Ticketing Team will be happy to help over the phone on 01273 827100 or via email membership@sussexcricket.co.uk. Please be mindful we are still having to operate with reduced staffing levels and therefore your enquiry may take slightly longer than usual to be dealt with. If your request is successful, at this point you will need an online account linked to an email address to receive notification. 

How many tickets can I request?  

Currently each supporter can request up to four tickets per match. Ticket requests made in the same transaction will be seated together. To request multiple tickets not sat together should the match you are attending be required to follow social distancing rules, you will be required to complete separate transactions. Please note you will only be able to attend with people in line with Government advice at the time of the fixture being played. This could be from your household, bubble or rule of 6 if restrictions still apply. 

Is it best I simply wait until closer to the match to request my ticket? 

Supporters can request tickets at any point in time, however the earlier you request tickets the greater your chances are of attending the fixture. For example, if you are the 3,000th ticket request and our capacity is reduced to 2,500 it is highly unlikely you will have the chance to secure a ticket for the match. Unless of course, those before you fail to pay for their ticket within the allotted time. 

Can I select my seat? 

With the ongoing possibility of a reduced capacity and social distancing at matches this summer, it is not possible to select your seat when requesting a ticket. Supporters can request their preferred area of the ground, however this does not guarantee they will be sat there if they secure the right to purchase a ticket for the match. 

Can I secure seats next to my friends?  

Only if the request is in line with Government advice such as your household, bubble or rule of 6, should restrictions still apply, and tickets are requested in one transaction. Individual ticket requests will not be able to be grouped with their friends and family who are part of their bubble. 

Do my friends have to be part of my bubble? 

All supporters will be expected to act in line with Government advice and restrictions that are in place at the time of the fixture. Therefore, supporters will need to request tickets with this in mind. 

The Government roadmap published on Monday 22nd February indicates that there will be no restrictions following 21st June 2021. Why can’t I buy tickets without being cautious around government advice? 

We are all buoyed by the Government roadmap, but we must recognise that the dates communicated are aspirational. Each stage is separated by a five-week interval — four weeks for scientists to assess the effects, and a week for us to prepare. If for any reason one stage is delayed, then this will have a knock-on effect on all the other dates. Therefore, we need to ensure that we have a flexible yet robust ticketing procedure that can ensure as many Sussex fans get the opportunity to watch cricket safely at Hove. Whether that be as part of a reduced or full capacity, following social distancing and other restrictions such as a household, bubble and rule of 6, or not. 

We are excited to welcome fans back to Hove, but it important that we do so responsibly with the safety of our supporters at the heart of the decisions we make. 

I require accessibility seating, how do I request a ticket? 

All accessibility seats are managed by our Membership and Ticketing Team, they will be happy to help over the phone on 01273 827100 or via email membership@sussexcricket.co.uk. Please be mindful we are still having to operate with reduced staffing levels and therefore your enquiry may take slightly longer than usual to be dealt with, the team are available between the hours of 9am to 5pm, Monday to Thursday. 

I have previously purchased a Ticket, Blast Pass or Membership but have not used my online membership and ticketing account before. Can I still request tickets online? 

Yes. If you have not activated or used your online account previously, you just need your membership/customer ID number (8 digits long which starts with either 100XXXXX or 110XXXXX) and surname to activate your account. Once you have located these details, which can be found on the back of your previous membership card or ticket purchase confirmation email, click here and follow the on screen steps. 

Once logged in, simply navigate to the match day ticket or membership section, select the product you desire and follow the on-screen steps to complete your purchase. 

I have not purchased a Ticket, Blast Pass or Membership from Sussex Cricket previously, can I still request online? 

Yes. If you have not purchased a Ticket, Blast Pass or Membership from Sussex Cricket previously you are able to set up an account by clicking here

Alongside my Ticket I also purchased tickets for my friends and family, in line with Government advice, how can I assign them their ticket? 

If you are purchasing tickets on behalf of someone else, you will need to add them to your network. This can be done once logged into your online ticketing account or by clicking here

Why do I need to set up my network? 

Most ticketed events, including sporting events, now require the details of each ticket holder rather than just the person who made the booking. The need for this is only going to become greater following the global COVID-19 pandemic and associated health and safety protocol for track and trace purposes. 

Setting up your network in advance of purchasing will assist you in having a seamless ticketing journey. Rather than having to call round your friends and family trying to organise your network, whilst also trying to make sure you do not miss out on the match you want to attend. 

How do I set up my network? 

This is a multi-step process and will require the other person you are purchasing on behalf of to allow you to do so. 

Log in to your online account by clicking here. Once logged into your online account click ‘My Account’ and then ‘Network’. The number of people already in your network will be displayed in brackets. 

Your network page is where you can add, remove, block and manage who in your network can be assigned seats and assign seats to you. You can also manage other supporters’ seats and allow them to manage yours. 

Click the ‘Add Members’ option to add someone to your network. This will allow you to either register a new supporter or look for an existing supporter already within the system using their membership/customer ID number and surname. 

To find an existing member or supporter enter the information and click search. This will search the ticketing system for their account. Upon finding a valid match you can either add (or block) the member to your network. Click ‘Add Member’ to include them in your network. 

If you click on the person you have added to your network, it will show the privileges you both hold over each other. By default, you will be able to assign a seat to any new linked member in your network and they will be able to do the same. This means that upon purchasing tickets you both can assign each other to seats. 

In certain cases, this basic privilege is not enough to interact with each other. Therefore, if you and those in your network wish to have the greatest ability to manage each other’s seats we would recommend assigning the ‘Manage’ privilege. To do this you will need to click ‘Edit’ when looking at the privileges set between you and your link in your network. 

This will then let you choose between ‘Assign’ and ‘Manage’. If you choose to ‘Manage’ it will require the other person to accept your request. They will receive an email with a link to accept your request. You will not be able to manage any bookings until their permission has been given. At any point you can lower the privilege without authorisation or block a user if this is no longer needed. 

If you are looking to assign a seat or manage the booking of a new supporter, you can register a new member by selecting these options and filling in the details required. Following which the new supporter will receive an email with a link asking them to activate and create their account. 

What changes can I expect regarding the arrangements of the ground e.g. one-way systems, seating, movement etc?  

It is likely attending a match this season will have a different look and feel compared to previous years. The exact set up will depend on Government advice and restrictions at that point in time. Any changes implemented will be done to keep you and your fellow supporters safe. 

Ahead of requesting a ticket or attending a match all supporters will be expected to have read our Code of Conduct, which will go some way to giving guidance on how you can help keep everyone safe whilst at the ground. 

Can I visit the Membership and Ticketing Team in person to discuss my ticketing requirements? 

Unfortunately not. Our Club Shop and Ticket Office is closed to the general public in line with Government advice. Ticket enquiries can be discussed over the phone 01273 827100 or via email membership@sussexcricket.co.uk

I require further assistance / have a question that is not answered above? 

Our Membership and Ticketing Team will be happy to help over the phone on 01273 827100 or via email membership@sussexcricket.co.uk. Please be mindful we are still having to operate with reduced staffing levels and therefore your enquiry may take slightly longer than usual to be dealt with.   

When are the Membership and Ticketing Team available? 

The team are available between the hours of 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday. However, please be mindful we are still having to operate with reduced staffing levels and therefore your enquiry may take slightly longer than usual to be dealt with.